Today’s episode of the podcast is an interview with the amazing Angela Henderson. Angela is an author, small business consultant, blogger, and mental health clinician who helps women to grow their business without burning out in the process. We talk all about human to human marketing; what it is, why it’s important, and how you can do it in your business.
KEY TAKEAWAYS COVERED IN THE PODCAST
- Women shouldn’t just continuously hustle, we have to do things at a pace that is in alignment with us.
- It’s okay to go slow because none of us are overnight successes.
- Sometimes the content we create is not necessarily selling the product we sell, it’s understanding who the person is we are talking to and what they are doing at the time.
- Never underestimate who is watching you/reading your content.
- Don’t underestimate the affect you can have on people when you choose to write based on value vs transaction.
- Human to human marketing is the experience and interaction one faces with a particular brand.
- Human to human marketing is important because your customers are HUMANS – they want connection and to feel valued. It is also important to be able to stand out – how are you positioning yourself in a place that is so noisy? Finally, emotional motivators drive consumer behaviours and when you drive consumer behaviours, it equals sales and you will become profitable.
- Conversations = Connections. Connections = Conversions.
- We need to be having genuine conversations with our consumers.
- People will forget what you said, forget what you do but they won’t forget how you made them feel.
- Have conversations to evoke a feeling.
- When you treat people kindly and add value to their lives first…good things will happen.
- Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than take in payment.
- Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first.
- The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
- The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
- We have to appreciate the small stuff.
- Don’t outsource your inbox – your audience want a reply from you.
- It’s not just about nurturing people at the beginning of the buying cycle – what about the end?
THE ONE THING YOU NEED TO REMEMBER ABOVE ALL ELSE…
Sprinkling a little kindness and care doesn’t cost you anything, and it goes a long way!
HIGHLIGHTS YOU SIMPLY CAN’T MISS
- An introduction to Angela 06:57
- What is human to human marketing? 18:36
- Why is human to human marketing important? 19:25
- Examples of human to human marketing 23:26
- Loving your audience and creating fans 31:53
- Human to human marketing online 39:30