In today’s episode of the podcast, we are talking all things email. I talk to you about why it’s important to have an email list, using automation for your email list, the systems I recommend, and how to assign and use tags.
KEY TAKEAWAYS COVERED IN THE PODCAST
- We do not own our social media following and any of their information – your profile could be taken away at any point.
- Building your email list also gives you another way to contact your audience.
- Our audience does not see all of our content on social media.
- Your email list is one of your biggest assets in your business.
- People are interested in seeing more if they do join your list.
- Email lists are a numbers game – the more people you have on your list, the higher the amount of people converting to sales.
- View your email list as altogether – one list with everyone in.
- View your email list surrounding the person, rather than the action.
- You need a level of automation when getting people on your email list.
- Recommended systems to use – Convertkit, Active Campaign and Kajabi
- A tag is a label – every time your subscribers do something, it automatically gives you a tag.
- Giving people a tag helps to see what people are interested in and how you can help them.
- Quality over quantity – filter out those who don’t open your emails.
THE ONE THING YOU NEED TO REMEMBER ABOVE ALL ELSE…
You own the information on your email list and nothing can take that away. So, if you don’t already have an email list, you should really start building one!
HIGHLIGHTS YOU SIMPLY CAN’T MISS
- Why is it important to build an email list? 02:25
- The basics of an email list 06:09
- Automation in email marketing 09:23
- Systems you can use for email marketing 11:51
- Assigning and using tags 13:04