In this week’s episode of the podcast, I have an interview with the lovely Adrian Salisbury aka The Video Guy. Adrian started as a photographer and then took his passion and skills to build an online business offering advice on video set up, photography, and using YouTube for your business. We talk all about Adrian’s career so far, taking your business online, why being on YouTube is a must for business owners, and how to keep showing up.
KEY TAKEAWAYS COVERED IN THE PODCAST
- Sometimes you have to let one side of your business decrease slightly so you have more time to start something different, like an online business.
- Video is so valuable in your business – you can show your audience so much more of you.
- You have to be consistent on YouTube and show up regularly.
- YouTube is an incredible shop window to position yourself in front of your audience.
- You have to keep practising with video to get it right.
- Don’t worry if your videos only get a handful of views – each time you do it you will be more confident.
- Think about what your audience will like to see, what pains do they have? Answer what they are struggling with.
- You can create videos in batches to help you be more consistent on YouTube.
- YouTube is a marathon, not a sprint.
- The suggested videos section of YouTube is a lot easier to get into than the first page of google.
- You can really connect with brands you are familiar with on YouTube.
THE ONE THING YOU NEED TO REMEMBER ABOVE ALL ELSE…
Video is a very powerful tool when it comes to showing your audience who you are and more of your business, so make sure you are using it!
HIGHLIGHTS YOU SIMPLY CAN’T MISS
- An introduction to Adrian – 06:35
- Taking your business online – 10:55
- Adrian’s photography business – 14:30
- Marketing your business through video – 16:45
- Adrian’s ecamm academy – 24:45
- Working with family in business – 32:00
- Using YouTube for business – 40:10
- Should I be on YouTube? – 48:33
LINKS TO RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S EPISODE
Want the transcript? click here!