In today’s episode of the podcast, we are talking all about the latest social media platform, Clubhouse. I explain what the platform is, how to get started and whether you should be using it for your business.
KEY TAKEAWAYS COVERED IN THE PODCAST
· Clubhouse is an audio-only app.
· You can follow people on Clubhouse and people can follow you.
· The content you post and consume is all audio and live.
· You have to be invited to Clubhouse by an existing member.
· Clubhouse is currently only available to iPhone users.
· You can link your Instagram to your Clubhouse profile.
· The bio section on Clubhouse is quite long – put your most important information in the first 3 lines.
· The confetti canon emoji means you are new and stays for 7 days.
· Clubhouse consists of lots of rooms with talks happening – a bit like a conference or online event.
· The feed is like a corridor – showing you all the rooms going on at that point.
· Each room has a stage with speakers (microphone emoji) and a moderator (green star emoji). Then you can see all the people who are listening.
· If you are not on stage, you just listen.
· Clubhouse can play whilst you are in other apps.
· To leave the room, click “leave quietly”.
· There is an option to raise your hand when you are in a room which means you can speak and join the stage.
· Clubhouse is a very relaxed way of speaking on stage.
· If you are nervous to speak on screen, Clubhouse is a great way to get started as you don’t have to show your face.
· There are lots of big experts in Clubhouse and you could get an opportunity to speak with them.
· Clubhouse is designed to create conversation and ask questions.
· Clubhouse is a good way to get in front of other people’s audiences and collaborate.
· You cannot save the content on Clubhouse – no replays or editing.
· There is no other way to engage with someone apart from going into rooms.
· You don’t have to be doing everything – spend as much or as little time you can in there, and don’t feel like you have to be on it.
THE ONE THING YOU NEED TO REMEMBER ABOVE ALL ELSE…
Give Clubhouse a try, but don’t feel like you should be spending a huge amount of time on it if you don’t have that time available.
HIGHLIGHTS YOU SIMPLY CAN’T MISS
· What is Clubhouse? 5:00
· How to get started on Clubhouse 6:13
· What can we use Clubhouse for? 11:59
· The quirks of Clubhouse 14:29
· Should I be using Clubhouse? 18:54
LINKS TO RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S EPISODE