This week we have a very exciting interview with the lovely Kira Hug, who is the co-founder of The Copywriter Club and the co-host of The Copywriter Club Podcast! We are going to be talking all about copywriting, particularly focusing on how to get the balance between the right kind of copywriting whilst still being authentic.
Key Takeaways Covered In The Podcast
- Finding your voice/identity. Look at your brand – Personality, Values and Advantage.
- Be honest about your personality, embrace your quirks!
- Your values (What you care about, what you fight for/against, what you stand for) will reflect in your messaging.
- Think about your advantage, what is your superpower? Everyone has one, so you need to identify yours!
- Check out what your competitors are doing – Understand how you fit into the space.
- Stand out from the crowd by talking about your quirks, they are what makes you, you!
- Being honest will help to build trust in your community and with your audience, as well as building rapport.
- You don’t have to be perfect, to be successful.
- People connect with you for lots of different reasons – give them different sides of you to relate to.
- Tell a story using chatty language in your emails – this can be the first paragraph or two to show a little bit of who you are and build that connection.
- Oversharing – there is a fine line! Decide what is important to you and if it is important for people to know more? Set those boundaries for yourself.
- Aim to build a community of people who do want to know more about you.
- Make sure you send a mixture of emails talking about you and about your audience and their problems.
- It is important to put yourself out there and let people know more about you because your audience needs to identify with you. You are allowing them to see what they want in their life, in you.
- Your audience get to know your brand personality through you sharing more of who you are, and they can then relate to your brand on a deeper level.
- Every time you share something, it should feel a little uncomfortable!
- Check in with your customers/clients – have a conversation while providing some value.
- It is important to know where you are in your sale cycle to see how much personality you should share.
- Show your customers/clients that you can relate to them and you do understand.
- Use your first sentence to really grab your reader’s attention – this could be a piece of who you are or something they can relate to.
- Signing off your emails – Best opportunity to showcase your personality. Keep it fresh and fun!
- Add your friends to your email list to keep that friendly tone.
- Your copywriting is one of the most important parts of your marketing, if you don’t have the skills, invest in a copywriter!
- There are lots of different levels of copywriters out there, with different skill levels and price points.
The one thing you need to remember above all else…
Authenticity is key. Many of us are in crowded markets, so our personality is the only thing that can really stand out. If you are putting yourself out there and being authentic, you are going to attract people that you like, and they like you! Remember, if someone doesn’t like you, that’s cool, there are plenty of other products and services they can go and buy instead!
Highlights You Simply Can’t Miss
- An Introduction to Kira Hug – 3:40
- Being Authentic – 9:03
- Embracing your quirks – 14:02
- The “Perfect” online space – 16:32
- Connecting with your audience via copywriting – 19:25
- Oversharing! – 23:33
- Putting yourself out there – 26:26
- How to get started with sharing more! – 32:20
- Converting your customers – 40:08
- Using a copywriter for your content – 50:50
Links to Resources Mentioned in Today’s Episode
Want the full transcript?