Key Takeaways Covered In The Podcast
- A lot of brands are educating their prospects to share their authority and knowledge prior to asking them to purchase or sign-up for something.
- Online courses help you offer more content than you can via any other medium. You can use videos, audio, quizzes and more.
- Anyone in any industry can create and use an online course! Hula hoopers make online courses. Those who are experts in Excel use online courses. They truly are for anyone!
- Your social media strategy will differ depending on the platform you use. Instagram might be a bit more laid back versus Facebook, and even more laid back than LinkedIn, which is a bit more formal.
- Content is incredibly important, but it doesn’t work if no one sees it. That’s where social media comes in.
- To easily curate your content, create a content plan that’s easy to follow. Decide what type of post you’ll make on each day. This makes it easy to create content, generate ideas and curate simply.
- When you’re taking a blog and repurposing it, use Easel to make all of your images. It allows you to duplicate it into any social media dimension easily.
The one thing you need to remember above all else…
It’s never about us, it’s about the people we’re serving! Focus on the customer above all else, no matter what it is you’re doing. Whether it’s creating a course, marketing your business or posting on social media, put your customer and their needs first!
Highlights You Simply Can’t Miss
- What industries can benefit from online courses? – 8:00
- How online courses are disrupting education – 11:54
- Rob’s background in digital marketing and social media – 16:37
- Social media is a big part of any marketing strategy – 21:18
- It’s all about the customer, always – 27:40
- How to generate social media ideas – 36:08
- Using and repurposing existing content – 40:08