Key Takeaways Covered In The Podcast
- Video is one of the best ways to reach as many as people as possible when it comes to social media, and the best way to increase your overall engagement.
- If you are using pre-recorded videos, you want to keep it between 15 seconds to 3 minutes. People don’t like to spend hours and hours watching videos, so keeping it as short and sweet as possible is the best way to keep your viewers watching. Live videos should be between 7 minutes and 17 minutes. For longer videos, you may want to consider using YouTube.
- Think about how you’re going to make your videos emotional and relatable, as this will ensure you have a much bigger reach. Be inspirational.
- Text overlay is important when it comes to video, as a lot of people will watch without their sound on.
- Stories are an incredible way to show your authenticity. You can show your personality and the making of your business, giving people an idea of who you are and what you’re about.
- Instagram Stories advertising is currently the cheapest it is ever going to be, so if you’re going to invest, do it now.
- Facebook own Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and Messenger and when you look at closer, you can see that two of those apps are focussed on one-to-one communication. Moving forward, getting people to message you on a one-to-one basis is going to be the way forward. Whether it’s through Instagram DM’s, Facebook Messenger or on WhatsApp.
- Chat bots are another hot topic at Social Media Marketing World. Although they’re not designed to take over those one-to-one conversations, they can speed up the processes that you find you’re answering over and over again. Whether it’s booking appointments, answering customer service questions or detailing opening times.
- When people join a Facebook group they are there because they have a common interest with you. It’s a meaningful way to have a two-way conversation, at the same time as focussing on your community.
- If you niche down on something, it’s definitely worth considering opening a group and finding likeminded people to join you.
The one thing you need to remember above all else…
One of my key takeaways was that there is no algorithm in your email list. You have complete creative control so building your email list should be one of your biggest priorities moving forward.
Highlights You Simply Can’t Miss
- What Is Social Media Marketing World? – 02.20
- Focussing on Video – 06:02
- The Importance of Stories – 13:17
- Messenger Messaging and Messenger Bots – 17:00
- A Few Social Media Marketing World Favourites – 20:20
- Using Facebook Groups – 25:40
Links to Resources Mentioned in Today’s Episode
- Mari Smith
- Episode 8
- Episode 29
- Episode 51
- Episode 39
- Episode 31
- Episode 30
- Episode 44