Key Takeaways Covered In The Podcast
- If Amazon say ‘’the single most important thing is to focus obsessively on the customer. Our goal is to be the Earths most customer-centric company’’ – you should be focusing on your customer too.
- The first mistake people make when they’re trying to find out who their customer is, is that they try to make assumptions. What they often do, is create an avatar for who they want their customer to be. To avoid this, you need to go back and look at who is buying your products and who your site is attracting. This will give you an idea as to whether you’re on the right track.
- To try and understand who your audience are, you need to ask yourself some questions about your existing customers. You need to think whether or not you like working with your current customers, and do you want to work with them going forward. Not only that, but is your product or service still appropriate to this customer?
- If you want to get a deeper understanding of your audience, you can offer an incentive to interview them and find out what their pain points are and what will help them. You can ask general questions about who they are and what they, to help create your avatar.
- When creating your avatar, you need to think about whether they’re male or female, how old they are, what job they do, how much they earn, whether they’re single or married and every other piece of background information you can think of.
- The next section you need to think about is your avatars behaviours, motivations, and aspirations. This will help you connect with them on a better level.
- After that, you can focus on their pain points. What problem do they have that your product or service solves?
- Finally, once you have discovered their pain points, you can look at how you meet their needs.
- If you offer a variety of different products or services, you can multiple avatars within your business.
- Give your avatar a name. This will give you a better idea of who your customer is and it will improve your communications when you’re talking to them.
The one thing you need to remember above all else…
The more detail you go into when creating your avatar the better. Give them a name, create an image for them and picture them whenever you make a decision that relates your product or service.
Highlights You Simply Can’t Miss
- Mistake #1 Making Assumptions – 9:00
- Understanding Your Existing Audience 10:30
- How To Create Your Avatar – 14:40
- Debugging Common Misconception – 17:50
- Top Tips For Creating Your Avatar and My Avatar Examples – 19:00
Links to Resources Mentioned in Today’s Episode
- Five Ideas to Build Your Email List That You May Be Missing
- My Webinar Blueprint
- 10 Things You Must Include On A Sales Page