This week I am going to be talking about something that has made a huge difference to my business – my mindset. This is a common topic in the business space and having done a lot of work on my personal mindset when it comes to business, I wanted to share some of my thoughts on the topic. As well as focussing on mindset, I also want to look at failure. Whilst most people look at failure as a bad thing, I want to discuss why I am now happy that I fail every once in a while. This will be a slightly different episode than what you’re used to, but I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed recording it.
Key Takeaways Covered In The Podcast
- Imagining big goals is a great way to set your dreams into motion. Although you don’t need ‘huge’ goals to see, dreaming big is a great way to put yourself in the best mindset.
- Don’t feel stupid for setting yourself big goals, it’s okay to dream big.
- If you don’t feel as though you have the support when it comes to your goals, try to surround yourself with people that focus on their mindset. Whether that means listening to podcasts or joining like-minded communities.
- Sometimes, you have to accept that you can’t control your goals. What you can control, however, is the actions you take to achieve them.
- Ask yourself ‘’honestly, what is the worst that could happen?’’
- Rather than thinking ‘’what if they say no?’’ think about what would happen if they say yes.
The one thing you need to remember above all else…
If you let the fear of failure stop you from doing something, you have failed already.
Highlights You Simply Can’t Miss
- Should You Set Big Goals for Your Business? – 02:35
- Failure Is Okay – 11:50
- My ‘Scary’ Experiences of Facing Failure Head On– 19:07