This week’s episode is a practical episode, with lots of incredible tips from Amy Woods, an expert in repurposing content. In her business, Content 10x, Amy takes a core piece of content and ensures she maximises it to its full potential. Whether your core piece of content is an article, a video or a podcast, Amy shares her top tips for creating various other pieces of content alongside it, without taking up too much of your time. If you’re looking to put more content out into the world, this is definitely the episode for you.
Key Takeaways Covered In The Podcast
- Repurposing content is split into two different sides – promoting your core content and then taking the message of your core content and communicating it in various different ways.
- You should be promoting your content in various different ways. Whether that’s a teaser image, a launch post, a reminder post or various different posts throughout the launch period. Sharing your own content is never a bad thing, especially if you’re getting a conversation started.
- Having longevity in your repurposing strategy is valuable. This means thinking about SEO and search queries for Google, YouTube and other popular platforms.
- The lifespan of Tweet is 18 minutes, so don’t worry about scheduling lots of your own content. Not everyone is going to see it.
- You need to look at the existing resources and the skills that you have, thinking about what steps you can add to your content creation processes that would allow you to repurpose content easily.
- If you don’t think you have the time to repurpose content, you may want to consider outsourcing it to someone else.
- Blog posts are one-dimensional, which often makes it hard to repurpose. When it comes to your copy, however, this is something that can be shared in various different places. From sharing it on LinkedIn to using it on Instagram Stories, it’s an easy jump. If it helps, create some graphics using Canva.
- If you’re looking to make a video or podcast out of a blog post you have written, you can use the post as a way to structure any further content you make.
- Lumen5 is a great way to repurpose your blog post into a video. The software will pull out the main points of your blog post, making a video for you.
- Live video is a great starting point when it comes to content as it’s an experience for your followers, helping you to build a community. It gives people access to you and it’s authentic content.
- If you have published a live video, you can extract the audio and potentially use it as a podcast episode.
- Write key discussion points from your videos and turn them into a blog. The same applies to podcast episodes when you’re creating show notes.
- When creating a podcast, you may also want to consider having a transcript.
- If you’re talking about visual content in a podcast, it helps to have visual content that goes alongside it. This could be a content upgrade and lead generation tool.
- Repurposing content doesn’t necessarily have to be breaking down content, but it could be building it up too. For example, you could turn 10 blog posts into an eBook.
- When it comes to repurposing content that people have paid for, you need to be as transparent as you possibly can. Whilst you can’t give everything away, there are ways in which you can share some of the information you’re using in paid content. In a sense, you want to create a sense of FOMO.
Sign Up For News & Updates